Wednesday 18 March 2009

The problem with sound is the amount of time it takes people to experience the work I have done. I realise that nobody will listen to every unfinished experimental piece I produce (although I intend to submit it all, on a separate disc, in order to be able to show the progress I will have - hopefully - made), and have decided to use my blog as a way to document the work I do and the subsequent changes in ideas.

Today I have been thinking about intervals in time - how many times can I turn the page of a book in the space of time it takes me to write a sentence on a typewriter? Can I measure the world in terms of the time it takes me to make a cup of tea? I have been experimenting with these sounds, comparing them, in particular concentrating on rhythm. I feel that these ideas will lead me to produce more visual work, particularly as I tackle the problem of how to document them in my sketchbook.

No comments: