Friday 19 December 2008

I spent the first half of the week letterpressing advice onto ribbon. I like the concept, of advice by the metre, although the finished result isn't exactly perfect. I don't feel like that matters too much though, as at the moment I am far more interested in the process, the ideas and concepts than the finished result.

I am interested in objects and images which look the same, but which aren't identical. I have been thinking about loaves of bread (that awful white stuff where each slice is a perfect square) and egg shells for this reason. Over the holidays I plan to collect all the egg shells of the eggs used in my house (and note down what they are used for) and, although I am unsure as to what to do with them, I feel I will have the idea once I start the process of collecting them.

No comments: